Private individual sessions
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is often described as maintaining a moment-to-moment, non-judgmental awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and environment. Thousands of studies have documented the physical and mental health benefits of practicing mindfulness.
Studies show the average person spends around 47% of their day in thought. A significant amount of this thinking is not required and is due to negative ‘mind wandering’. Mind wandering can be a source of negativity and stress.*
Insight Mindfulness – Monthly Drop-in Group (click link for details)
Mindfulness drop in group – A5 flyer
Do you ever get lost in negative thoughts and emotions?
Do your thoughts and emotions control you?
Do you find it difficult to focus on/ see the positives in life?
Would you like to develop a better relationship with your thoughts and emotions?
Would you like a calmer, healthier mind?
Would you like to manage stress better?
Toni Ryan (INSIGHT’s Practice Owner), is a qualified Social Worker, with a Graduate Diploma in Counselling. Toni has over 21 years practice experience and is an accredited member of the Australia Association of Social Workers. Toni has specialist training, significant therapeutic experience, and a personal daily practice of mindfulness. Toni draws from a number of mindfulness based approaches, including:
- Mindfulness Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Self Compassion
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
What’s included in a session?
Sessions are tailored to your individual needs and may include:
- Relevant research, studies and information on mindfulness (including the mind, body, thoughts, emotions and behaviour);
- Mindful Meditation and Body Work practices (meditations, body scans, mindful eating, mindful walking, breathing exercises, and other techniques);
- Private coaching, discussion and support to aid in building your mindfulness practice; and
- Information about mindfulness tools, websites, articles, video’s and other resources.
CLICK on the facebook icon (bottom of this page). Insight’s facebook page offers free guided mindfulness techniques/meditations under the VIDEO’s heading.
Benefits of mindfulness
- Reduction in rumination of thought and feeling;
- Reduction in stress, anxiety and depression;
- Improved focus, attention, concentration, memory, and cognitive ability;
- Improvements in emotional regulation, and impulse control;
- Improvements in challenging behaviours;
- Improved school performance, grades / test taking (especially in Year 11/12);
- Increased compassion and empathy;
- Improvements in relationships with peers, partners, teachers and family members;
- Increased stability of mind, emotions, and behaviour;
- Increased immune function;
- Improved relationship with pain;
- Improved sleep;
- Improved relationship with food and food related issues;
- Increased self-awareness, self-acceptance, and insight;
- Increased productivity and creativity.
Insight’s office is located in Darwin’s Northern Suburbs (Wulagi), and has appointments during business hours, after hours on weekdays, and on Saturdays. Services are offered in person (in office), by Skype, and Phone.
Fee’s vary depending on your individual needs and appointment times. Insight offers affordable pricing based on a sliding scale.
Contact for a free confidential phone consultation
For all bookings and enquiries contact INSIGHT on 0421 596 649
Working with people in the attainment of insight, healing,
and life-enhancing growth.
*source - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-brain-work/201011/new-study-shows-humans-are-autopilot-nearly-half-the-time